To complete a health check, follow these steps -
Watch your guinea pig in it's home. Is it acting normal?
- Look at it's faeces. Are they solid, normal amount of them?
- Has the food been eaten?
- Has the water been drunk?
- Pick up your guinea pig and work you way from top to bottom.
- Is the nose clean. No discharge.
- Are the eyes bright and shiny?
- Are the ears clean. No wax?
- Is the coat shiny/ healthy? Not coming out in large amounts?
- Are the paws ok.? No claws missing. Pads don't look sore.
- Is the skin healthy? No bites, not dirty ect.
- Is the anus and genitals clean? No discharge.